Former champions Dinthill Technical and York Castle High both had their unbeaten records snapped on Saturday as the ISSA DaCosta Cup round of 16 started off with a bang.

Dinthill Technical had their 12 games winning run snapped after being upset 2-1 by Cornwall College at Drax Hall while York Castle was beaten 2-0 by Frome Technical at Llandilo in Westmoreland.

Meanwhile, Clarendon College, Mannings School and William Knibb extended their unbeaten run but champions Garvey Maceo was held 0-0 by Christiana High.

Dinthill Technical went into their game as odds-on favourites to beat Cornwall College and took the lead in the 28th minute only to see the 12-time champions score twice and took the win.

Dinthill’s lead lasted all of two minutes before Braxton Richards scored to pull his team level, with time running out Deshaun Talbert scored from the penalty spot to give Cornwall all three points.

Frome Technical have not conceded a goal in their last four games as they blanked York Castle High 2-0 . Dwayne Watt scored the opening goal in the 24th minute before Javel Clarke converted a penalty in the 83rd minute to secure all three points. 

At Foga Road, Kaheim Dixon led Clarendon College with a double as they handed Rusea’s High their worst loss in years.

Malachi Douglas, Devonti Hodges and Christopher Hull also got one goal each as Clarendon College led 3-0 at halftime and took the lead in Group 3 over Frome Technical on goal difference.

Glenmuir High and Mannings School are tied up in Group 4 after both scored 2-0 wins over St Elizabeth Technical and Edwin Allen High respectively.

At Llandilo Jhamaleek Porter gave Manning’s School the lead in the 34th minute when he cleaned up a ball that Lamar Williamson dropped in the Edwin Allen goal.

Javin Williams scored in the 75th minute to kill off the competition.

William Knibb won back-to-back games by 1-0 margins as Mark Lewis’s first-half goal got them past Paul Bogle High in the second double-header game at Drax Hall.

Manchester High and Central also play out a 1-1 draw at Brooks Park.