Six times defending champions St Elizabeth Technical (STETHS) are into their seventh straight ISSA/Flow Ben Francis Knock-out finals after a nerve-wracking 4-3 sudden death penalty kicks win over Clarendon College in their semi-final played at Manchester High on Monday.

In a ding dong battle, the teams exchanged leads and were tied at 2-2 after regulation time and 3-3 after extra time and were still locked at 3-3 on penalties after the first five.

STETHS’ captain Chris-Andrew Dixon kept his cool and stepped up to bury the deciding penalty kick as his teammates celebrated.

STETHS’ goalkeeper Lenroy Wallace made up for some sloppy goalkeeping in the game and came up big with three saves in the shootout to lead his team into Friday’s final against the winner of Tuesday’s semi-finals between seven time champions Cornwall College and Lennon High who are seeking to make it to their first final in the KO.

Demar James gave STETHS the lead early in the game before Glendo Gopaul doubled the lead from the penalty spot as STETHS lead 2-0 at half time.

Clarendon College who came into the game on the back of two losses, pulled one back early in the second half when Nique Daley a half time substitute beat Wallace.

With time running out and STETHS already celebrating, Shemar Hunter’s long range shot that appeared to be heading into touch, dipped under the cross bar with Wallace looking on to draw Clarendon level at 2-2.

Creggton Charlton gave Clarendon the lead in the first period of extra time, his team’s third straight goal after trailing 0-2.

A Clarendon win was not to be however as Alex Thompson came up big with a last minute goal to give STETHS a life line to cling to.

Poor spot kicking and excellent shot stopping by Wallace, saving Charlton’s kick that would have won it for Clarendon saw the teams tied 3-3 at the end of regulation penalties.

With the fate of his team riding on his shoulders, Dixon stepped up and made no mistake as Clarendon College’s season continue to unravel.

Cornwall College will take on Lennon High at STETHS Sports Complex today at 2:30 PM to decide the other finalist.