Eleven time champions Cornwall College qualified for the 2016 ISSA/Flow daCosta Cup schoolboys’ football final on Friday after a dramatic 2-1 win over Clarendon College in the first semi-finals played at St Elizabeth Technical Sports Complex in Santa Cruz.

Aiden Jokomba’s 88th minute goal, broke a 1-1 tie as Cornwall College set a new record for consecutive wins in a season with their 17th victory, beating the 16 set in 2011 by Rusea’s High.

It was the fourth straight loss for Clarendon College to end the season, beaten twice by Cornwall College, once in the Flow Super Cup semi-finals, to Spot Valley High in the daCosta Cup quarterfinals and to St Elizabeth Technical in the semi-finals of the Ben Francis KO.

Giovanni Reid gave Cornwall College the lead in the 7th minute with a header from a corner take by Jourdaine Fletcher while Creggton Charlton pulled Clarendon College back into the game with a 85th minute equalizer.

Cornwall College will now await the winner of the second semi-final between defending champions STETHS and Ben Francis KO champions Lennon High.

On Friday, Clarendon College wasted two good scoring chances while Cornwall College who switched to a 4-4-2 formation in the second half wasted no fewer than three chances to kill off the game.

Clarendon College players were slow to react to a ball spilled by Cornwall College’s goalkeeper Jamario Hines in the 2st minute as it was quickly cleared off the line.

Hines was equal to a chance two minutes later blocking a point blank blast from Ricardo McIntosh for a corner.

Dwayne Harding just missed doubling Cornwall’s lead in the 61st minute after Garnett Hudson had left a defender on the line and crossed the ball perfectly to the overlapping wingback inside the 6 yards box but his shot was blocked by goalkeeper Benjamin Williams.

Fletcher missed with a freekick minutes later as the ball just sailed over the cross bar as Cornwall continued to come close.

Charlton dragged Clarendon back into the game when he managed to flick a ball past the hands of Hines and across the goal line with five minutes to go.

That lasted all of three minutes as Jokombo who replaced Hudson gladly accepted a chance when a mix up between a Clarendon defender and goalkeeper Williams left the ball in space and he was quickly onto it and kicked it past the stranded custodian for the win.