Promoted Chapleton Maroons failed to honour their Jamaica Premier League first-round game against Mt Pleasant FA in the game scheduled to be played as part of a doubleheader at Effortville on Sunday.

It was the first time in years that a team was unable to field a team, in the first round and it came a week after head coach the team’s ownership fired Lenworth Hyde after they had lost their sixth game and were a point above the relegation zone.

The Chapleton team, stocked mainly by players from schoolboys teams, mainly from Clarendon College, has failed to maintain the pace in the semi-professional league.

A few weeks ago they were reminded of a FIFA rule where they could not field more than five amateur players at any one time in a game as they were hoping to use members of the Clarendon College team to play the remainder of the season.

Meanwhile defending champions Harbour View ended a five games winless run with a 1-0 win over Montego Bay United 1-0 in their game played at Jamaica College.

Ajeanie Talbott overlapped from his defensive position to score the winner in the 21st minute.

Humble Lion continued to move up the tables and are in the third spot on 20 points after edging Portmore United 1-0 at Effortville.

Andrew Vanzie’s fourth goal of the season, in the 78th minute was enough for Humble Lion as they won back-to-back games and two points off the lead held by Cavalier FC.

The first game of the doubleheader was not played as Chapleton Maroons were unable to field a team to face Mt Pleasant FA, a week after firing coach Lenworth Hyde.

Waterhouse FC beat Cavalier FC 1-0 with Shaquiel Bradford scoring the winning goal in the 68th minute as the Drewsland-based team appears to have shaken off their early season stupor and have won three of their last four games.

Tivoli Gardens scored back-to-back wins for the first time as they beat Molynes United 2-1 despite playing with 10 men from the 37th minute after Kevin Pilgrim was sent off.

Justin Dunn gave Tivoli Gardens the lead three minutes into time added on in the first half but Jason Wright leveled the scores for Molynes United in the 50th minute Markland Burton got the winner in the 80th minute.